Neurology | Best Neurosurgery Treatment | Top most hospital for neurosurgery
Neurological surgery also known as neurosurgery ,is a medical specialty and is concerned with treatments , prevention , diagnosis, surgery of the disorders of the nervous system including brain , spinal cord , spinal nerves , peripheral nerves .Generally people think of neurosurgery as brain surgery , but it is much more than that . The Centre for Spine & Neuro Sciences in Delhi has the best neurologists and neurosurgeons who come up with a surgical treatment as per the diagnosis of the disorder .
The physician who specializes in neurology i.e; diagnosis and surgical treatment of the disorders of peripheral and central nervous system ,vascular tumors, infections of the brain or spine, trauma, stroke or degenerative diseases of the spine , are called neurosurgeons.
Best super specialty hospital in Delhi has a special team of Neurologists that offer treatments for complex disorders of the nervous system , but they do not perform any surgical procedure .
Central nervous system :
the nervous system is a complex network of thread-like nerves and cells that carry messages or signals to and from the brain and spinal cord to various parts of the body including other sensory organs, arms, hands, legs, and feet.
Some of the Central nervous system diseases are:
- Alzheimer’s disease :
It affects brain function, memory and behaviour
- Bell’s palsy : Sudden weakness or paralysis or partial paralysis of facial muscles on one side of the face
- Cerebral palsy : It is a group of multiple disorders that affect a person’s ability to move and maintain balance and posture. CP is one of the most common motor disabilities that shows it’s symptoms in childhood.CP causes weakness or problems with using the muscles.
- Epilepsy : Epilepsy is a central nervous system disorder in which brain activity becomes abnormal, it causes seizures or periods of unusual behavior, sensations, and sometimes loss of awareness.Epilepsy can affect both males and females of all ages.
- Motor neurone disease (MND) :Motor neurone disease (MND) is a group of diseases that affects particular nerves known as motor nerves. In MND, those nerves or neurons generate and die and slowly the muscles become weaker. And this eventually leads to paralysis.
- Multiple sclerosis (MS) : Multiple sclerosis is a chronic disease and it affects the central nervous system, i e; brain , spinal cord and optic nerves. Ultimately this can lead to a wide range of symptoms throughout the body
- Neurofibromatosis : It is a genetic disorder which causes tumors to form on the nerve tissue.These tumors can develop anywhere in the nervous system, including brain, spinal cord and nerves. It is usually diagnosed in childhood or early adulthood.
- Parkinson’s disease:It is a brain disorder that leads to shaking, stiffness, and difficulty with walking, balance, and coordination.It’s symptoms generally begin gradually and get worse over the time. At some point of the progression of the disease people may have difficulty walking and talking.
Other extensive range of neuro disorders ranging from simple to complex, such as ;
- Spinal tumor
- Brain tumor
- Stroke medicine
- Nerve tumor
- Pediatric neurological disorders
- Spondylitis etc.
Among top Hospitals in Delhi for best neurosurgical treatment , one of the most dedicated hospitals in the country is ,( for example Saroj Super Specialty Hospital ) they provide one of the the best neuro treatment with the help of it’s best neurologists or neurosurgeons .The neurosurgery department and also the Best hospital for spine surgery in India performs various complex surgeries and go through critical treatment procedures and offers consultations , follow ups, inpatient services for all kinds of neuro and spine related disorders, prevention and care .
The neuro department ensures the best neuro treatment by prioritising the patients health by providing all other in hospital facilities within their infrastructure.
How neurosurgery works :
Neurosurgeons first diagnose, assess and if needed then perform surgery to treat disorders of the nervous system. They operate on the central nervous system which is the brain and spinal cord, and the peripheral nervous system which can involve any other area of the body. Neurosurgery doctors of the top hospital in Delhi offer the best surgical treatments in the city.
Neurosurgery Procedures :
- Cerebrovascular – aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations (AVMs), and stroke.
- Peripheral and nerve injury
- Spinal neurosurgery
- Neuro-oncology (brain tumors)
- Functional and epilepsy neurosurgery.
- General neurosurgery.
- Trigeminal neuralgia and nerve compression syndromes.