Know more and understand the types, symptoms of kidney disease and kidney transplant
Each and every organ plays their role for maintaining a healthy and disease free body , so are the kidneys. Kidneys are bean shaped bilateral organs placed in the upper left and right abdominal quadrants and are part of the urinary tract system. A pair of healthy kidneys ensure the proper balance of fluids on the body. The best doctors often advise to follow healthy lifestyle practices to avoid kidney related problems.
Why Are the Kidneys So Important?
We know that the major function of the kidneys is to remove waste products and excess fluid from the body. These waste products and excess fluid are removed from the urine.Kidneys basically help in the process of maintaining a stable balance of body chemicals.
The kidneys perform the following functions:
- Extracts waste products from the body
- Balance the body’s fluids by removing the waste from it
- Release hormones that regulate blood pressure to balance the correct BP
- Help is producing an active form of vitamin D that promotes strong, healthy bones
- Control the production of red blood cells of the body
Recently, data of International Society of Nephrology’s Kidney Disease Data Center Study reported a prevalence of 17%. The reported prevalence of CKD (Chronic kidney disease also called chronic kidney failure ) in different Indian regions ranges from <1% to 13%. The best The best Nephrologists suggests vrious factors behind the increase rate of risk of chronic kidney diseases ;
- High blood pressure.
- Cardiovascular or Heart and blood vessel disease.
- Smoking or drinking alcohol
- Family history of kidney diseases
- Abnormal kidney structure by birth
Symptoms of kidney disease :
Some of the signs and symptoms of chronic kidney disease develop over time , and some signs are very common. Often kidney damage progress occurs slowly. Symptoms of kidney disease may include:
- Vomiting feeling
- Loss of appetite
- Fatigue, weakness or lethargic feeling
- Sleep disorders
- Increase in the need to urinate
- Decreased mental sharpness or concentration
- cramps and twitches in muscle
- Swelling of feet and ankles or puffy eyes
- Persistent continuous itching
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath, if there is fluid build up in the lungs
- Constant High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Hormonal imbalance
If experiencing any of these symptoms , immediate medical consultation needs to be considered. The best kidney treatment hospitals in Delhi often advise regular checkups to get the proper picture about the overall health condition.
Types of kidney disease :
- Chronic kidney disease is the most common form of kidney disease Kidney stones.
- Kidney stones are another common kidney problem
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Urinary tract infections.
Prevention from kidney diseases:
To reduce your risk of developing kidney disease some of the common yet effective prevention preces to follow are ;
- Over-the-counter medications. If using non prescription pain relievers, such as aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) and acetaminophen (Tylenol, others) read and follow the instructions mentioned on the package. Consuming too many pain relievers could lead to kidney damage and in most cases should be avoided if you have kidney disease. Consult a doctor whether these drugs are safe for you.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced weight. It’s very important to maintain a healthy weight . And also to work to maintain it by being physically active most days of the week.
- Avoid smoking. Cigarette smoking can damage your kidneys and gradually make the kidney damage worse. If you are already a smoker, speak to your doctor about strategies to follow for quit smoking. The best doctors in Delhi would suggest support groups, counseling and medications can all help you to stop smoking.
- Manage your medical conditions with the help of health providers. Incase you have diseases or conditions that increase your risk of kidney disease, work with your concerned doctor to control them.
When kidney transplant is needed :
When your kidneys completely fail to perform its functions and they are not in the condition to be treated by medication or following any other prevention or damage deterioration procedure, then the kidney transplant procedure comes into the picture .After proper diagnosis the doctors may suggest the kidney transplant on the basis on the stage of the disease. There are two types of treatment for kidney failure, such as; dialysis or transplant. Many people feel that a kidney transplant Best kidney transplant hospitals in Delhi offers the best treatment and also ensures pre and post surgery care for more freedom and a better quality of life for their patients .