Top unknown facts about cancer that you need to know
Cancer is one of the most researched topics on our planet with various treatment options. Cancer has been stated as the 2nd killer among the developed countries and stands at the number 1 position among the countries that are underdeveloped. Poor lifestyle, unhealthy diet, information miscommunication, and ignorance have led to this disease becoming so potent.
Almost 35 percent of the patients that develop cancer have minimal chances of survival. It is mandatory for increasing your chances of survival to get in touch with best oncologists in Mumbai as soon as you see the initial symptoms of cancer development. Here are some of the facts that you need to know about cancer.
- Lung cancer is mostly caused by heavy smoking in 90 percent of all cases. About 22 percent of the death toll from cancer is dominated by lung cancer that arises from smoking. One cigarette carries about 69 carcinogens and more than 4000 chemical compounds.
- Sleep deprivation can actually lead to an increased risk of getting affected by colon cancer. People who work at night shifts have also been studied to show higher chances of onset of cancer.
- About 175,000 children are diagnosed with cancer each year with the number increasing with every passing year.
- The very first description of cancer came from ancient Egyptians which were found inside Edwin Smith Papyrus, a document that accurately described tumors from the breasts being removed by the use of a certain tool named Fire Drill. This document dates as far back as 1600 B.C. However, the document states that there was no treatment for the ailment.
- There is a better chance of you getting skin cancer from indoor tanning rather than getting affected by lung cancer by smoking. As per a recent study, indoor tanning has contributed to 419,000 new cases of skin cancer just in the U.S.
- This might come as a surprise but more than 50 percent of the cancer cases are actually preventable. This means more than 2.4 million cancer patients can be treated with less mortality rate. 80 percent of these cases are from the countries with low or middle income. So make sure you get in touch with your local center for angiography in Mumbai for quick diagnosis and effective treatment of any cancer taking hold of the body.
- The African mammals known as Naked Mole Rats are actually immune to the effects of cancer. The presence of a substance called hyaluronan actually helps them stop cancer growth by acting as a body lubricant. This could be an essential key to future cancer treatment.
Nanavati Hospital houses the top oncologists in Mumbai that provide effective treatment and management options for a patient affected by cancer with higher survival chances with modern treatment technologies.
- Dr. Ashish Joshi
- Dr. Avinash Deo
- Dr. Bharat Chauhan
- Dr. Bhavna Parikh
- Dr. Gopal Ramakrishnan
- Dr. Suresh Advani
- Dr. Niranjan Rathod
- Dr. Nagraj G Huilgol
- Dr. Rohit Malde
- Dr. Kailash Mishra
- Dr. Prashant Kerkar
- Dr. Sudesh Phanse
- Dr. Sanjay Dudhat
- Dr. Sudeep Sarkar
- Dr. Amit Gandhi
- Dr. Bhagat Singh Rajput
- Dr. Dilip Murarka
- Dr. Sumeet Shah
Pediatric Haematology Oncology
- Dr. Bharat Agarwal