Neurosurgery Cost in India is 4 times Low than US & UK- Newlover
You must be well aware that a neurosurgeon works on human brains! But the undisclosed fact is, a neurosurgeon does have much more to do than brain surgery. Spine issues, back pain treatments, neck pain, degenerative disc diseases, herniated discs as well as leg pains, all such matters are addressed by a neurosurgeon!
What are the conditions that are treatable by a neurosurgeon?
- Chronic pain
- Cervical spine disorders
- Carotid artery disease
- Head injury
- Herniated disc
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Pituitary tumors
- Vertebral fractures
- Tumors in brain and spine
- Trigeminal neuralgia
What Is The Approximate Cost Of Neurosurgery In India?
Costs of Neurosurgery in India depend on the complexity of the surgery. For pituitary gland tumor removal the costs of neurosurgery are approximately Rs 3, 50, 000 while the expenses for Lumbar Spine Fusion is Rs 3.25 Lakh. Similarly, the cost of Neurosurgery of spinal decompression in India is around Rs 3.9 Lakh.
Neurosurgery with Hypothermia: 6,800$ or 4.5 Lakh
Brain Tumor Surgery: 4,600$ or 3 Lakh
DBS: 17,000$ or 11 Lakh
The Removal of Pituitary Gland Tumour: 2 to 4 Lakh (Depends upon Hospital Facility)
Lumbar Spine Fusion: 3.25 Lakh
Spine Decompression: 3.9 Lakh
Note: Cost may vary according to Hospitals facility & Doctors charge. Before the visit, any hospital checks all review and cost they are offering.
Who Are The Neurosurgeons?
It’s generally assumed that the neurosurgeons are doctors who perform complex surgeries! But the real fact is the neurosurgeons perform surgical procedures in the brain and spine that are highly complicated. The neurosurgeons specialize in neurosurgery attending a specialized program that continues for five to seven years.
During this period, they grasp a wide variety of skills and knowledge that are required for treating the neurosurgical patients. The training period of the neurosurgeons is the longest in the medical specialty. A neurosurgeon focuses on overall nervous system and detects the condition of the patient, whether it is a trauma, chronic pain or degenerative! The neurosurgeons determine the most suitable treatment plans as per the conditions of patients.
Why consult neurosurgeons?
- As the neurosurgeons have undergone immense years of specialized training in their related field, they can quickly address the mentioned critical and complicated medical issues.
- The problems of back pain or neck pain that the doctors are unable to fix, a neurosurgeon can find out the perfect reason for the pain and take preventive steps accordingly.
- Back surgery is a delicate and complex subject. Thus, if you or any of your dear ones suffer from spine injury or any issues develop in brain or nerves, then it is wise to consult an experienced neurosurgeon.
- If you have tried several methods for alleviating the pain but nothing turned helpful then neurosurgery is the only choice left for you.