Insights on Joint replacement : Signs or symptoms , difficulties , when it’s needed, and treatment
Joint replacement is a surgical procedure , performed in a hospital or outpatient surgery center. Centre for joint replacement in Delhi is well known for its services. During the surgical procedure the Orthopedic surgeons remove and then replace the damaged joint with an artificial joint which we can also call prosthesis ( the prosthetic components are made of metal, plastic or ceramic ). The prosthesis is made in such a way , it imitates the shape, size and movement of the natural joint. As per the best joint replacement hospitals in Delhi, sometimes the total joint replacement surgery is one of the most effective treatment options for chronic knee or hip pain that has not responded to other therapies or medications.
What causes joint pain :
It is one of the most common causes of joint pain.There are two main forms of arthritis;
- Osteoarthritis (OA) : Is most common is people over age 40. The progress of such arthritis is apparently slow and it affects mostly the joints like ;
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) : This form of arthritis is visible mostly on women than men. It damages the joints over time and causes pain, inflammation and also the body’s immune system.
Joint pain can also be caused by:
- inflammation of the cushioning pads around joints
- Few infectious diseases like; mumps , influenza, hepatitis can also cause joint pain
- breakdown of the cartilage in the kneecap
- an injury
- tendinitis or inflammation of the tendon
- Any kind of infection of the bone or joint
- overuse of a joint
Signs and symptoms of Joint related problems :
Joint pain can be caused by any kind of injury that affects any of the ligaments, bursae, cartilage , tendons or bones within or surrounding the joint. The best hospitals of Delhi have an expert team of Orthopedics / orthopedic surgeons , and they often suggest to notice the early symptoms of joint pain in order to get the optimal treatment result .Symptoms and signs associated with joint pain can include;
- Swelling surrounding the joints
- locking of the joint or problem in the locking
- loss of motion, movement or range of the joint
If any of the above stated symptoms are found , you should consult the doctor for early diagnosis .
Visit the emergency room if any of the following occurs:
- If you experience a serious injury.
- The joint appears deformed or distorted
- Swelling occurs suddenly.
- The joint turns completely immobile.
- severe joint pain.
How is it diagnosed?
There are top hospitals in Delhi who follow through a proper and effective diagnostic protocol. The doctor will perform a physical exam. They’ll also ask you a series of questions about your joint pain and gather your medical history. This may help to narrow down the potential causes behind the pain or discomfort of the joint .A joint X-Ray may also be necessary to identify arthritis-related joint damage. If the orthopedics suspects there’s another cause, they may prescribe several blood tests to screen for certain autoimmune disorders. They may also request to get a sedimentation rate test done to measure the level of inflammation in the body or a complete blood count.
When the joint replacement surgery is needed :
Joint replacement surgery performed to treat and heal advanced arthritis. People who have severe joint pain, stiffness, limping, muscle weakness, limited motion, and swelling are often considered for joint replacement. The best joint replacement center in Delhi is amongst the top most joint replacement hospitals of the country .The most important factor in choosing to have a knee or hip replaced is how much it hurts and how much it is affecting your daily life activities . Here are some signals that it’s time to have a knee or hip replaced:
- You find it difficult or sometimes impossible to complete routine daily tasks without help.
- You have significant pain
- When your doctors suggests that less-complicated surgical procedures are going to be more helpful
- When you feel the disease is wearing you down physically, emotionally, and mentally.
- You are suffering severe side effects from the other medications you are on for pain relief.
- advanced arthritis or significant joint damage are shown in the tests
Finding the right surgeon and hospital can make a big difference, top Joint Replacement Hospital in Delhi performs the best surgical treatment for this matter .
Benefits of Joint Replacement Surgery :
- Improvement in the movement and activity level
- overall general health
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Overall recovery and motivation
- Relief from constant pain and inflammation
- Improved mobility
Best super specialty hospital in Delhi , for example ; Saroj Super specialty Hospital , is one of the best joint replacement hospitals in Delhi .