Cardiac Surgery: Conditions and their treatment
With the fast progression of modern surgical techniques, it has become easier for surgeons to treat even the most delicate organs of our body. Cardiac surgery is also known as cardiothoracic surgery which involves the treatment or surgery of organs located in the thoracic region consisting of lungs, heart and close to organs.
The very first open-heart surgical procedure that turned out successful was performed with the use of a heart-lung based machine in the year 1953. Cardiac Surgery is often a complex and lengthy procedure that requires the support of advanced tools and technology for intensive surgery with better results.
If you are suffering from issues in your thoracic region, it is advised that you get in touch with the best centre for bypass surgery in Mumbai and opt for consultation with a best cardiac surgeon . Here are the major conditions that are treated by cardiac surgeons.
- Artery blockage or Coronary Artery Disease.
- Valvular Stenosis (Valves that are blocked or narrowed).
- Valvular Insufficiency (Regurgitation or leaking).
- Congestive Heart Failure (Heart Muscle that turns ineffective).
- Left Ventricular Aneurysm (Stretched Aorta in Chest).
- Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack).
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm (Stretching of aorta inside the chest).
- Aortic Dissection (Bleeding inside the walls of Aorta).
- Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm.
- Atrial Fibrillation.
- Aorta Transaction (Rupture that occurs through all layers of Aorta from any trauma, fall or collision).
- Lung Cancer.
- Tracheobronchial Cancer.
- Mediastinal Tumors.
- Tracheal Stenosis.
- Esophageal Cancer or Benign Conditions inside the Esophagus.
If you suffer from any of these conditions, you can opt for treatment from the best cardiac surgeon.
1-CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting)
In this particular surgical procedure, the veins or arteries from a different part of our body are grafted into coronary arteries to provide relief from angina or bring down the death risk from any coronary artery related disease.
2-Aortic and Mitral valve repair/replacement
Best cardiologist in Mumbai is accurately skilled to help with surgery that repairs the leaking or blocked heart valves. The surgeons mostly opt to save the native valve. However, valves with substantial damage are replaced with tissue or mechanical prostheses which include implantation from human tissue donation.
3-Devices for Support
Use of external devices connected to the heart is sometimes necessary. This includes Tandem Heart which is an implantable pump which is placed during the open heart type surgery. Such devices often offer short time support for proper heart functioning and tend to save a life in critical situations.
Nanavati Hospital excels in providing cardiac or cardiothoracic surgery services with renowned surgeons that provide complete pre-surgery and post-surgery management facilities to help you heal faster with better health conditions.