Better understanding of various heart conditions or heart disease and the types of heart related problems
Heart-related problems have become one of the common concerns nowadays , and in recent years we have seen a rise in the number of heart conditions in India. As per the concerned survey ,the estimated prevalence of Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs ) in India was estimated to be 54.5 million. Around one in 4 deaths in India are now because of CVDs The best Cardiologist in Delhi offers one of the best heart treatments in the country.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is a group of diseases that involve the heart or blood vessels .Heart and blood vessel disease also called heart disease , many of these heart related diseases are related to a process called atherosclerosis. It is a condition that occurs when a substance called plaque builds up in the walls of the arteries. This buildup narrows or sinches down the arteries, making it harder for blood to flow through.As a result it starts clotting blood, and when blood clot forms, it can block the blood flow. Thus this can cause a heart attack or stroke. They include coronary artery diseases (CAD) such as angina and myocardial infarction (which is commonly known as a heart attack).
Heart – diseases and types of heart diseases :
Generally heart diseases include various types of conditions that can affect the function
of the heart. These types include:
- Coronary artery or Atherosclerotic heart disease : It affects the arteries and the blood vessel .
- Valvular heart disease : It affects the functions of the valves and in and out process of the blood flow of the heart .
- Cardiomyopathy :This conditions refers to the heart’s muscle and its effects on how the heart muscle squeezes
- Heart rhythm disturbances or Arrhythmias : That affect the electrical conduction of the heart , in simple words it refers to irregular heartbeat . The main categories that comes under this condition are :
- Tachycardia: It refers to the fast heart rhythm with a rate of more than 100 beats per minute.
- Bradycardia : This indicated a slower heart rhythm with a rate below 60 beats per minute.
- Supraventricular arrhythmias: Arrhythmias that begin in the atria which is the upper chamber of the heart. “Supra” means above; “ventricular” refers to the lower chambers of the heart.
- Ventricular arrhythmias: Arrhythmias that occur or affect the ventricles (which is the heart’s lower chambers).
- Bradyarrhythmias: It shows the slow heart rhythms that may be caused by disease in the heart’s conduction system, which included sinoatrial (SA) node, atrioventricular (AV) node or HIS-Purkinje network.
- Congenital heart defects : The conditions where the heart has problems in its structures and that generally develop before birth. It includes ;
- Abnormal heart valves :Difficulty in the opening of the valves .
- Septal defects : This condition refers to the hole in the wall of the heart’s lower or upper chamber.
- Artesia : If one of the heart valves is missing or not developed , that creates this heart condition . It is a birth defect .
Some of the congenital heart problems do not show any noticeable symptoms and only become apparent during a routine medical checkup or a proper cardio test,The best heart hospitals in Delhi ensure the proper diagnosis or such heart conditions.
Lifestyle changes :
The alarming rate of heart related problems need to be taken cared of from the beginning .Top hospitals in New Delhi provide the best treatments with the help of its expert team of doctors . Little changes in your lifestyle and self consciousness can assure the avoidance of various heart related problems . Best doctors also suggest that the key to a healthy heart is a healthy and active lifestyle . The following points to remember ;
- Stay active. Make sure to get at least 30 minutes of physical exercise regularly.
- Do not smoke
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Intake low fat and low sodium diet.
Saroj Super specialty Hospital is the best hospital in Delhi has an expert team of heart specialists or cardiologist of India, ensures your heart’s health , with proper diagnosis, well executed treatment protocol, after care and follow ups and patient’s convenience .