7 Habits to Save your Liver from Diseases
There has been a steep growth in the number of liver transplant cases in India. This is because of the rapid growth in liver problems. People above the age of 40 have a high risk to get liver problems and diseases. According to the best liver Specialist in Delhi, there are several preventative measures that can help avoid liver problems.
Maintaining healthy habits is the key to avoiding liver problems. There are a few healthy habits that you can adopt to prevent liver diseases:
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol: Drinking too much alcohol can cause a lot of harm to your liver. According to the inputs from liver specialists in Delhi, women of all ages and older men (i.e., above the age of 65) can drink no more than one drink per day. However, younger men should drink no more than 2 drinks a day. Heavy consumption of alcohol is the main cause of liver problems, and therefore it should be avoided. People who consume more than three a day or more than 7 drinks in a week are considered as heavy drinkers.
- Avoid any kind of risky behavior: Stay away from risky, illegitimate habits like drugs. Stay away from all types of drugs, or share needles that are used to inject drugs. Always use a condom during sex and if you wish to have tattoos or get body piercings, then choose and experts who do so using sterilized equipment and maintains cleanliness.
- Don’t ignore vaccination: Do not avoid vaccination and take appropriate professional help you solve your health problems. Vaccination is especially important if you are at an increased risk of getting affected by hepatitis or if you have already been diagnosed/ infected with hepatitis virus. Know more about it by talking to a specialist for Liver Transplant Treatment in India. A medical professional will be the best person to approach to know more about hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccines.
- Use medications wisely: Always be careful with the medication you take. Always purchase prescription drugs. There are instances where you may have to buy non-prescription drugs if you have to do so, consult your doctor and take them in recommended doses. Never mix your medications and alcohol; this may lead to adverse effects. Always consult your healthcare professional before mixing supplements or prescription/non-prescription medication.
- It is always advisable to avoid contact with blood and body fluids of other people: There is a chance that you may contact hepatitis viruses accidentally by needle sticks or through impropriate cleaning of blood or body fluids.
- Take proper care before using aerosol sprays: Always make sure that you use the sprays as instructed. Ensure that the room is properly ventilated, and always wear a mask before spraying toxic chemicals. It is better to follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Obesity or being overweight can cause a lot of health issues along with liver problems. Obesity is a very common cause of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases. Therefore, follow a proper diet and keep your body active.
The liver is a resilient organ that nurtures and safeguards the human body day in and day out. The liver helps neutralize and dispose of all the toxins and also help the body generates energy to function well.
To protect the liver from diseases, it is important to nurture the whole body by adopting healthy habits.
Source: BLK Super Speciality Hospital