10 super food for cardiac health
You have heard a lot about foods that can spell doom for your heart. Now it’s time to know about 10 super foods that will be a boon for your cardiac health. A superfood is such a food that contains the largest number of nutritional benefits for the body. The best cardiologist in Delhi NCR will even agree that these superfoods will keep your heart pumping for years. Let us know about them.
- Blueberries- Blueberries are a storehouse of antioxidants and are very good for your heart. Almost all berries have loads of antioxidants but blueberries top the list. These antioxidants in blueberries work to reduce the build-up of bad LDL cholesterol in the heart and keep you away from risks of heart attack and stroke.
- Salmon-Fish like salmon are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and are very good for the heart. They can keep bad LDL cholesterol away, regularize the heart beat rate, and keep risks of stroke away by reversing and preventing plaque build-up in the arteries of the heart.
- Nuts- Nuts like almonds or chestnuts are very good for your heart as they contain heart healthy fats along with other proteins and vitamins. Having a few nuts sometimes can make your heart stronger.
- Oats- oats are not only good for your weight management and waistline but also for your heart. Daily consumption of oatmeal loads you with heart healthy fibres that make it strong and keep risks of cardiovascular diseases away. All other whole grains are loaded with heart healthy fibres and keep a number of diseases away.
- Tomatoes-Tomatoes are rich in fibres, antioxidants, vitamins A, B, C and E, potassium and another nutrient called lycopene which give strong protection to your heart and keep it healthy and active.
- Citrus fruits- citrus fruits like oranges, sweet lime, papaya, etc. contain beta-carotene, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and loads of heart healthy fibres. These fruits also contain huge amounts of antioxidants to protect your heart. Daily consumption of citrus fruits keeps you young and healthy.
- Carrots- Carrots are not only good for your eyes but for your heart too. They contain several vitamins like vitamin A and carotenoids. Carrots also contain healthy dietary fibre which keeps the heart strong and healthy. Include carrots in your diet to strengthen your heart and keep it active.
- Avocado- avocado is a fruit that is full of monounsaturated fatty acids which are wonderful for your heart. It is a superfood that increases good cholesterol in the heart and reduces bad LDL cholesterol to keep away risks of heart attack.
- Spinach- green leafy vegetables like spinach or ones from its family like kale and Swiss chard have the best kind of benefits for your heart. Including them in your diet gives you protection against heart diseases by the virtue of its antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Spinach also contains folate that reduces the levels of homocysteine, an amino acid responsible for cardiovascular disease.
- Beans- Legumes and dark beans like black beans or kidney beans contain large amounts of B-vitamins, fibres and necessary minerals that keep the heart strong and healthy.